Burger Menu

How to Remove a Person from a Mortgage

Would you like to remove a person from a mortgage?

If your personal situation has recently changed and you want to remove a person from a mortgage, we can help. We have a lot of expertise and have helped many customers during a financial separation.

We have gotten by many complex mortgage situations, there is rarely a situation that we haven’t come across before. If you need Specialist Mortgage Advice in Hull, you know where to go!

Removing a person from a mortgage is not as easy as it sounds!

If you look at the situation from the mortgage lenders side, they have two people for security on the property.  So if a situation like mortgage arrears/repossession occurred they’d have two parties to pursue. If they were to allow one person off the mortgage, this halves the chance they have to see payment. Usually, if the person that wants to keep the property can afford the property in their own right based on income and affordability this may be allowed. It may be advisable to switch mortgage lender and get a better mortgage deal in a sole name.

Often, in situations like financial separations, a lump sum may be also raised against the property to ‘pay off’ the other party. Problems can arise, the main one being that the income may not be large enough to afford the whole mortgage in a sole name, there are still ways I can help such as family guarantors etc. I am also able to help if you would like to put life insurance policies and any home insurance policies in sole names.

Hullmoneyman.com & Hullmoneyman are trading styles of UK Moneyman Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
UK Moneyman Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
UK Moneyman Limited registered in England, registered number 6789312 and registered office 10 Consort Court, Hull, HU9 1PU.

© 2020 Hullmoneyman

Hullmoneyman, 2 Littelfair Road, Hull, HU9 5LP.

Moneyman Logo

Book your Free Consultation

7 Days 8am - 10pm

Moneyman Logo

Moneyman Logo

Moneyman Logo

Ask Your Question